DragonBoard™ 810 – Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a collection of frequently asked questions pertaining to the DragonBoard 810 Development Kit.
Fast Boot Instructions:
To force the device:
- Ensure the utility is not already running before proceeding
- Disconnect all cables from the board
- reconnect AC power supply
- then hold down the volume “down” button, press the power (S100) button
- Connect OTG
- Run the utility
If this process fails, your bootloader is corrupted and you will need to have the bootloader re-programmed HERE
Is it possible to run Linux Debian or Yocto?
Currently is not possible on the APQ8094. If you are looking to build a commercial product using Linux, please CONTACT SALES
Can we connect a daughter card, for UART?
What Programming Languages are Supported?
C, C++, and Java
Do your boards provide some IDE (Integrated Development Environment)?
Yes, eclipse is the recommended IDE and is freely available for download
Is it possible to connect an external modem?
The DragonBoard does not support a modem. If you are building a commercial product and need cellular connectivity, please CONTACT SALES
Can the APQ8094 do “Speech Recognition”?
No, not out of the box. Custom support would be required. Please CONTACT SALES
Is there a DC Power to car connection battery through car cigarette connector?
No, you would need to make your own
Does the DB810_UpgradePackage_XXXXX_for_FlashingUtility.zip have a password?
You do not need a password for that zip file. That file is meant to be used the windows utility, which you will find on the support server. The utility will unzip that file during install.
Is it possible to connect a battery?
Yes, but it would require an external charger
How many cameras will work out of the box?
2 camera’s are supported. The SONY IMX135 and IMX214.
What is the max resolution on the 810?
1 x 4lane DSI0 + 1 x 4lane DSI1. 1 x 8 lane combining DIS0 and DSI1 for up to 4K resolution
- DSI0 : 1920×1200 + HDMI External display (3840×2160@30fps / 4096×2160@24fps)
- DSI0+DSI1 combined 4096×2160 with FBC (TWO MIPI 4lane combined) + HDMI External Display (3840×2160@30fps / 4096×2160@24fps)
- DSI0+DSI1 combined 2560x2048S3D + HDMI 1080p S3d 60fps side by side or top/bottom. Or 24FPS frame packing
- DSI0 : 1920×1200, DSI1 : 1920×1200 + HDMI 1080p@60fps
DB 810 Specifications
- CPU: APQ8094 is Quad core Krait 2.4 Ghz each Core, Armv7 with Neon SMD (128bit)
- RAM: 4GB (POP)
- STORAGE: 16 GB eMMC 5.0 can support HS400
- WIFI/BLUETOOTH: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz/5 GHz. Bluetooth 4.1
- GPS will be available in the next release
- Accelerometer, Gyro will be available in the next release
- RTC: NO
- Watchdog: NO
- HDMI: YES
- Touch Display: YES
- USB: YES
- Mic In / Speaker Out: There are 6 digital MICs
- Internal battery (is it possible?): NO
Can this device download apps from Google Play?
No. Our license with Google does not allow us to install Google Play on this device.
I’ve heard there are instructions how to add Google Play support on sites like XDA Developers?
We cannot answer questions on this topic.
How can I load software on this device without Google Play?
You can either sideload apps, or push them over ADB. If you enable MTP, leave it enabled or toggle to PTP.
Can I get source?
Yes, Intrinsyc Patches and Script. The script will download the Qualcomm baseline code, patch the code with Intrinsyc patches and proprietary libraries, and it will build the software.
What do I get in the BSP package?
The BSP contains patches for DragonBoard and Qualcomm proprietary binary blobs (GPU, Multimedia, aDSP firmware , camera libraries, OpenCL, Multimedia Codec)
How to install Firefox – Mozilla Web browser
Download Android Firefox from https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/android/all/
then use adb install xyz.apk to push the apk to your device.