Mobile Development Platform Smartphone* based on the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 Processor by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
The Mobile Development Platform Smartphone (MDP/S) is a smart phone form factor development platform for software developers.
This next-generation hardware is based on the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 processor, which includes a Qualcomm® Kryo™ CPU, Qualcomm® Adreno™ 530 GPU and the Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 680 DSP, along with the latest available Android OS. Game and multimedia developers will enjoy its 6.2″ Quad HD display with an incredible 490 pixels per inch. This device also has the mobile industry’s first 3D fingerprint authentication technology based on ultrasonic technology. Qualcomm® Snapdragon Sense™ ID can penetrate the outer layers of skin, detecting three-dimensional details, including fingerprint ridges and sweat pores that are not possible to detect with current capacitive touch-based fingerprint technologies. Advanced multimedia capabilities include hardware-based Ultra HD 4K H.264 (AVC) and H.265 (HEVC) video capture and playback. You will also find a 21-megapixel rear camera with Sony’s best mobile image sensor and a 13-megapixel front camera for better quality mobile video conferencing. Connectivity includes Qualcomm® VIVE™ 2-stream 802.11ac with Qualcomm® MU|EFX multi-user MIMO.
- Snapdragon 820 (8996) with integrated:
- Kryo CPU with custom 64-bit architecture
- Adreno 530 GPU
- Hexagon 680 DSP
- 11 a/b/g/n/ac MU-MIMO Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz/5 GHz
- Bluetooth 4.1, Qualcomm® IZat™ Gen8C GPS
- 6.2” QHD (2560×1600) 490ppi
- 10-finger multi-touch capacitive touchscreen
- 3 GB LP-DDR4
- 64GB UFS memory
- Rear: 21 MP, Dual LED flash (4K @ 30 FPS, 1080p @ 60 FPS)
- Front: 13 MP AF (1080p @ 60 FPS)
- Headset jack with ANC support
- Six digital microphones with support for Fluence™ Pro technology
- Ambient light sensor
- RGB sensor
- 3D accelerometer
- Magnetometer (compass)
- Ambient temperature and relative humidity
- Pressure sensor
- Mobeam sensor
- Gesture sensor (motion-based)
- Heart rate sensor
- 3020 mAh Lithium-ion battery
- Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 2.0 (HVDCP) USB charging
- Snapdragon Sense ID 3D fingerprint scanner
- Micro USB 3.0 (Type AB) (OTG)
- Micro HDMI 2.0
- 3.5 mm headset jack with ANC support
- MicroSD card slot (under battery door)
NOTE: Not every feature listed here may be supported by the current version of software.
* This product is intended for software development. It has not been certified to operate on a carrier network and cannot make phone calls or transmit data over a cellular network.