What’s inside the kit
Before you purchase the Qualcomm® Flight Pro™ Development Kit, please be aware of the following:
- The Flight Pro Kit is for users with advanced skills in software, electronic and mechanical assembly – it is not a ready-to-fly drone. It is intended as a development platform for evaluation, testing, and development of products using the Qualcomm Flight Pro platform.
- The Flight Pro Kit requires the purchase of additional 3rd party hardware to build a flyable drone.
- The Flight Pro Kit does not include flight control software – this is available from the Qualcomm Developer Network website
- The Flight Pro Kit currently only supports the Electronic Speed Controller sold by Intrinsyc
Qualcomm® Electronic Speed Control (ESC) board
The 4-in-1 ESC board with cables is used with the Qualcomm® Flight Pro development board. It is a fully integrated solution for advanced control of four brushless motors. A dedicated microcontroller from Atmel (ATmega328) for each motor ensures reliable real-time operation and speed control.
Qualcomm® Flight Pro™ Development Board
The Qualcomm Flight Pro Development Board is recommended for those who have previously purchased the Qualcomm Flight Pro Development Kit and require more Flight Pro boards for deployment in drone or robotics platforms. You can purchase additional Flight Pro boards here without all the bench-top development accessories.
Qualcomm® Flight Pro™ APM Power Adapter
The APM power adapter accessory allows the Flight Pro Development Board to be powered from a power supply rather than a battery, for bench-top development use. One is included in each Qualcomm Flight Pro Development Kit, but is also available to purchase separately here for those who need a replacement or additional APMs.
- 4 cameras included
- Pre-certified Wi-Fi/BT Module with antennas
- Linux® BSP Software included
- Compatible with:
- Qualcomm Navigator SDK
- Qualcomm Machine Vision SDK
- Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Drone and Robotics research and development
- Consumer Drone products
- Aerial Robotics
- Land Robotics
- Embedded vision and navigation applications
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 (APQ8096) SoC
- Qualcomm® Kryo™ CPU Quad-Core, 64-bit, 2.15GHz
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 530 GPU
- Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 680 DSP
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB UFS Flash storage, microSD card slot for removable storage
- Pre-certified module (QCA6174A ): Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4/5.0 GHz 2×2 MU-MIMO + Bluetooth 4.2
- 2x Wi-Fi/BT antennas included
- On-board Qualcomm integrated GNSS solution (WGR7640) (not recommended for flight applications)
- Support for third-party external GNSS module with high performance antenna and shielding— UBlox MAX-M8Q-0-00
- Dual IMU (2x Invensense MPU9250): Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Compass + Barometric pressure sensor (Bosch BMP280)
- Discrete Red and Green LEDs for on-board status
- 1x High resolution camera: 13MP IMX214 sensor in KLT Module, 4K at 30 fps
- 1x Downward facing camera: OV7251 sensor in Sunny MD102A module – B & W VGA Sensor
- 2x Forward stereo-vision cameras: OV7251 sensor in Sunny GP161C module – B & W VGA Sensor
- Vin: 5.0V @ 4A, on-board Qualcomm power management solution (PM8996, PMI8996)
- Several I2C and UART interfaces for peripheral expansion, additional sensors, etc.
- Micro-USB 3.0 interface, debug UART on expansion header
- Motor-control I/O — DSP sensor-core interface to Electronic Speed Control board (ESC brd available separately)
- Radio control I/O—dedicated interface for Spektrum radio control transceiver
- Linux® BSP included, compatible with Qualcomm Machine Vision and Navigator SDKs (available from Qualcomm)
- Compatible with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Supports application development through SDK and Docker container
- Operating Temperature -10°C to +70°C
- 75x36mm PCA mounted in plastic housing with four cameras and Wi-Fi/BT antennas installed
- Mechanically compatible with third-party drone airframe