Intrinsyc Announces Open-Q™ 605 Single Board Computer (“SBC”) and Development Kit
Uses the Qualcomm® 400 Vision Intelligence Platform to Power Next-Generation Connected Cameras and Other IoT Devices
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA – November 13, 2018 – Intrinsyc Technologies Corporation (TSX: ITC and OTCQX: ISYRF) (“Intrinsyc” or the “Company”), a leading provider of solutions for the development and production of embedded and Internet of Things (“IoT”) products, today announced the availability of the Open-Q™ 605 Single Board Computer (“SBC”) and associated Open-Q™ 605 Development Kit.
Intrinsyc’s Open-Q™ 605 SBC is a compact (50mm x 68mm) production-ready SBC that provides powerful visual computing and edge computing for a variety of targeted applications including; industrial and consumer smart security cameras, action cameras, virtual reality (“VR”), robotics, smart displays, and more. The embedded computing platform is powered by the Qualcomm 400 Vision Intelligence Platform, featuring the Qualcomm® QCS605 System-on-Chip (“SoC”) built specifically to support IoT devices requiring computer vision and AI. The QCS605 supports advanced computing at the edge with a powerful 8-core Qualcomm® Kryo™ 300 CPU, Qualcomm® Adreno™ 615 GPU, Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 685 DSP with Hexagon vector extensions (“HVX”), and Qualcomm Spectra™ 270 ISP. The Qualcomm Vision Intelligence Platform also includes Qualcomm Technologies’ advanced camera processing software, Qualcomm® Neural Processing SDK for advanced on-device AI, image processing, and machine learning, as well as proven Qualcomm Technologies’ 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity and security technologies. Built on 10nm LPP process technology, the QCS605 is engineered for exceptional power and thermal efficiency.
“The Open-Q™ 605 is ready for production use and provides OEMs with a means to rapidly bring their products to market by simply focusing on their industrial design and software applications,” said Cliff Morton, Vice President, Client Solutions, Intrinsyc. “Intrinsyc adds a full range of software development capabilities, including camera integration and tuning, power optimization, audio drivers and tuning, device management, and more, to further accelerate the commercialization of products with breakthrough functionality and performance.”
“Our work with Intrinsyc brings the capabilities of the Qualcomm Vision Intelligence platform into the hands of many developers,” said Joseph Bousaba, Vice President, Product Management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “The Open-Q 605 makes it easier for innovators to create new and exciting IoT products and applications using the advanced technologies in our platform including connectivity, AI, multimedia and camera processing.”
Open-Q™ 605 SBC Specifications
- Kryo 300 Octa-core 64-bit ARM v-8 compliant CPU built on 10nm LPP technology, with: Kryo Gold: Two high-performance cores up to 2.5 GHz and Kryo Silver: Six low-power cores up to 1.7 GHz
- Hexagon 685 DSP with Hexagon vector extensions (HVX) + Adreno 615 GPU
- Neural Processing – Qualcomm® AI Engine featuring Qualcomm Neural Processing Engine SDK with support for Tensorflow, Caffe/Caffe2, ONNX
- Combo eMCP chip with 4GB LPDDR4X SDRAM and 32GB eMMC Flash storage
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO (WCN3990) + Bluetooth 5 withFL antenna connectors
- Integrated support for GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS, SBAS, with FL antenna connector
- 4-lane MIPI DSI display + I2C touch interface on flex cable connector to support optional LCD panel up to 1080p at 30fps
- 2x 4-lane MIPI CSI to micro camera module connectors
- 2x Qualcomm Spectra 270 14-bit image signal processors
- Video Capture up to 4K Ultra HD at 60fps
- Video Playback 4K Ultra HD
- 264 (AVC) and H.265 (HEVC)
- Integrated audio codec with speaker amp provides 2x analog mic I/Ps, 1x speaker O/P, headset I/O
- I2S/SLIMBus digital audio interface + 2x DMIC ports on expansion header for other audio I/O options
- 1x USB3.0 Type-C with DisplayPort video output and Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ capability
- Multiple SPI, I2C, UART, GPIO, and sensor I/O interfaces
- Digital and analog audio I/O
- LED flash O/P, haptic O/P, power input and output rails
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- 5V -> 15V DC external power or single-cell Lithium Ion battery (not included), charged by USB Type-C
- Operating Junction Temperature -25°C to +105°C (QCS605 SoC)
- Operating SBC Temperature -25°C to +60°C
- 50mm x 68mm with four mounting holes, panel-ready power jack, uSD socket and USB Type-C
Additional information is available at: https://www.intrinsyc.com/open-q-605-single-board-computer
To enable rapid prototyping of devices using the Open-Q™ 605 SBC, Intrinsyc provides a Development Kit, which includes: Open-Q™ 605 SBC, 12V power supply, Quick Start Guide, access to full documentation, SW updates, and basic development kit support. The Development Kit is available for purchase at http://shop.intrinsyc.com/collections/product-development-kits.
In addition to the Open-Q™ 605 SBC and Development Kit, Intrinsyc offers a full range of development kits and production-ready computing platforms, turnkey product development, and production of custom embedded computing platforms. Contact Intrinsyc at sales@Intrinsyc.com with your product requirements and have one of the Company’s solution architects help plan for your successful product development and launch.
Intrinsyc Technologies Corporation is a product development company that provides hardware, software, and engineering and production services that enable rapid commercialization of IoT products. Solutions span the development life cycle from concept to production and help device makers and technology suppliers create compelling differentiated products with faster time-to-market. Intrinsyc’s Open-Q™ System on Modules incorporate the industry’s most advanced Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ processor technology from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., and help OEMs to rapidly bring industry leading products, with rich functionality and high performance, to market. Intrinsyc is publicly traded (TSX: ITC and OTCQX: ISYRF) and is headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Canada, with additional engineering centers in Taipei, Taiwan, and Bangalore, India.
For more information, please contact:
For more information, please contact:
Vice President, Client Solutions
Intrinsyc Technologies Corporation
Intrinsyc and Open-Q and their respective logos are trademarks, registered and otherwise, of Intrinsyc Technologies Corporation in Canada, European Union, Taiwan, United States of America and other jurisdictions.
Qualcomm, Snapdragon, Kryo, Adreno, Hexagon, and Qualcomm Spectra are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries. Quick Charge is a trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated.
Qualcomm Snapdragon, Qualcomm Kryo, Qualcomm Adreno, Qualcomm Hexagon, Qualcomm Spectra, Qualcomm Artificial Intelligence Engine, Qualcomm Vision Intelligence Platform, QCS605, Qualcomm Quick Charge and Qualcomm Neural Processing SDK are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. Other products or brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
© Intrinsyc Technologies Corporation all rights reserved.