Embedded Camera Engineering Specialist – Multiple Positions (Vancouver, BC | Taipei, Taiwan | Hyderabad, India)
Job ID: SW_CAMERA
Location: Vancouver, BC | Taipei, Taiwan | Bangalore, India
Position: Embedded Camera Engineering Specialist
Job ID: SW_CAMERA
Locations: Vancouver, BC | Taipei, Taiwan | Hyderabad, India
If being the architect and designer of innovative products using the most advanced technology excites you, then Lantronix is the place to be. Having recently completed its acquisition of Intrinsyc Technology, Lantronix’ expanded team of engineers work behind the scenes with the world’s leading technology companies, the leading global brands, and highly-geared start-ups to create the next-generation of intelligent connected devices. Working closely with silicon-vendors to put their cutting-edge processor designs to market, you will always be on the leading edge when working at Lantronix.
Lantronix is a global provider of secure data access and management solutions for the Industrial Internet of Things and Intelligent Edge Solutions. Lantronix develops hardware, software, and provides engineering services for companies to field the next-generation intelligent connected products. Our engineering solutions span the entire development life cycle from concept to production and create compelling differentiated products with faster time-to-market. Typical examples include: 360 degree and dual-camera wearables with stereoscopic displays, 3D glasses-free TVs, and autonomous robots with 3D computer vision. These products often include state-of-the-art computer vision solutions employing AI Neural Networks and Deep Learning, employing intelligent IoT Edge computing.
Lantronix’ engineering services technical team has strong technical expertise in Linux, Android, and Windows operating systems, as well as leading edge silicon and modem solutions from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., NXP, Rockchip, Broadcom, Texas Instruments, Intel, Samsung and more.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary and Benefits: Lantronix offers an industry standard comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary in accordance with experience.
Lantronix is currently seeking Camera Engineering Experts with deep experience in camera technology, to develop and troubleshoot video, camera, and multi-media for Android and Linux devices. The work spans integration of sensors at the hardware/MIPI bus-level, through Linux driver, multimedia framework (e.g. GStreamer, V4L), Hardware Abstraction Libraries, and Android Framework customization.
Camera Engineering candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed with a new team and new technology quickly. Good analytical, problem solving, and communication skills are essential as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
You will need knowledge and experience in camera sensors, 3A tuning, video formats, and display/camera interfaces such as MIPI and HDMI. Practical Linux kernel driver development experience is a firm requirement. Experience in codecs is an advantage.
- Takes on technical leadership role within projects, assists with system specifications and provides technical guidance to the team to ensure schedules and objectives are met.
- Core development of advanced camera and display projects, including HAL modifications, driver bring-up, and sensor tuning.
- Bring-up of new camera hardware designs; reading schematics and HW documentation and understanding the camera bring-up process.
- Quickly ramping up and becoming a key contributor within a team of experienced Embedded engineers.
- Ability to fix issues and provide technical guidance on a Linux kernel driver and Linux multi-media framework issues.
- Stays abreast of technical area and provides knowledge transfer to fellow team members.
- Minimum 4 years hands-on Embedded software development experience in Linux kernel drivers. Android experience desirable.
- Minimum 4 years of C/C++ experience. Java experience beneficial but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, electrical/software engineering or equivalent. Advanced technical degree desirable.
- Requires strong leadership and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the areas of camera, display, and multimedia.
- Experience in the integration of wide range of drivers is an advantage.
- Experience in camera hardware bringup, familiarity with HW documentation such as schematic and layout drawings.
- Good working knowledge of embedded or mobile devices.
- Good problem-solving and diagnostic skills, in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience in OpenGLES, OpenCV is a plus.
- Requires a solid understanding of the software development and project management life cycle.
- Language: Strong Written and Spoken English required.
Lantronix Company Overview
Lantronix’ product development services provide hardware, software, and solutions for next-generation embedded and wireless products. Solutions span the development life cycle from concept to production and help device makers and technology suppliers create compelling differentiated products with faster time-to-market.
We deliver superior results for clients with standards of high integrity. Our values and performance have enabled us to partner with the world’s leading OEMs to create award winning new products.
Lantronix is a leading provider of embedded solutions for Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.’s Snapdragon technology and developer of the Open-Q System on Module and reference Development Kits. These solutions are being built using the latest 64-bit 8-core ARM highly-integrated SOCs, and customized for exciting new products such as robotics, augmented reality glasses, ultra-high definition 3D televisions, and many more breakthrough products.