24 May 2019
Android 9 SW Release for Open-Q 605 SBC Now Available
This new Android 9 release for the 605 SBC is a major update from the previous Android 8 BSP and is based on a Qualcomm release targeting smart display applications. Compared to the previous Android 8 release it has better performance and stability for use cases with a display, as the Android 8 BSP mainly targeted headless applications. The new release also supports our optional LCD accessory, available on our store now.
We recommend all users to upgrade to this release due to improved stability, performance, and several new features.
This release supports all features that were supported by the v1.0 Android 8 release with the addition of:
- Android OS upgrade from 8.1 to 9.0
- LCD/Touchscreen support for optional display accessory
- Low power suspend mode support
- Qualcomm Quick Charge support
- Gigabit Ethernet support via USB Type-C dongle
- Improved stability and performance of Snapdragon Camera application
- Improved stability and performance with Display Port -> HDMI adapters
- New dual-camera demo app using Camera2 API.
The release notes and SW installation package are available now for registered customers on the product technical portal.