BUILD YOUR FUTURE AT INTRINSYC, WHILE WORKING ON THE FUTURE OF TECHNOLOGY, TODAY.
Electronics Hardware Design Engineer
Job ID: CA_5
Location: Vancouver, BC
Position Type: Engineering
Intrinsyc is a product development company that provides hardware, software, and service solutions that enable next-generation embedded and wireless products. Solutions span the development life cycle from concept to commercial production and help device makers and technology suppliers create compelling differentiated products with faster time-to-market.
We deliver superior results for clients with standards of high integrity. Our values and performance have enabled us to partner with the world’s leading OEMs to create award winning and innovative new products including: e-readers, portable gaming devices, media tablets, automobile infotainment, advanced robotics, smartphones, industrial handhelds, and medical electronics.
Intrinsyc is the leading provider of embedded solutions for Qualcomm Snapdragon technology and developer of the DragonBoard Development Kit and Open-Q System on Module. These solutions are being built and customized for exciting new products such as augmented reality glasses, ultra high definition 3D televisions, autonomous robotics and many more breakthrough products.
Intrinsyc has strong technical expertise in Linux, Android, Windows Embedded, and QNX operating systems, as well as leading edge silicon and modem solutions from Qualcomm, Broadcom, Texas Instruments, Freescale, Intel, Samsung, and more.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work on the most advanced technology and exciting products; with everyday bringing something new and challenging to work on, this is the place to be.
- Education: Degree in Electrical/Computing Engineering
- Experience: 5 to 7 years in electronics hardware design
- Experience with Altium Designer for schematic capture and PCB design
- Complex High Speed Digital circuit design - embedded products
- Wireless RF design experience - WiFi, BT, GPS, FM
- Familiarity with microprocessor signals (high-speed busses, oscillators, USB, etc.)
- Power supply / analog circuit design
- Scope, estimate and schedule work on projects
- C/C++, Assembler, Windows programming a benefit
- Board bring up and debug
- Knowledge of serial communications protocols and Arm architecture would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Team player
Intrinsyc Software is currently seeking an Electronics Hardware Design Engineer. This position is based in Vancouver, with some travel to the US.
Candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed with a new team quickly.
Good analytical, problem solving, and communication skills are essential as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
We will consider both salaried and contract based candidates.