BUILD YOUR FUTURE AT INTRINSYC, WHILE WORKING ON THE FUTURE OF TECHNOLOGY, TODAY.
Vice President, Product Development and Manufacturing
Intrinsyc is a product development company that provides hardware, software, and service solutions that enable next-generation embedded and wireless products. Solutions span the development life cycle from concept to production and help device makers and technology suppliers create compelling differentiated products with faster time-to-market.
We deliver superior results for clients with standards of high integrity. Our values and performance have enabled us to partner with the world’s leading OEMs to create award winning products including: smartphones, industrial handhelds, portable gaming devices, e-readers, media tablets, automobile infotainment, and medical electronics.
Intrinsyc is the leading provider of embedded solutions for Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.'s Snapdragon technology and developer of the DragonBoard Development Kit and Open-Q System on Module. These solutions are being built and customized for exciting new products such as robotics, augmented reality glasses, ultra high definition 3D televisions, and many more breakthrough products.
Intrinsyc has strong technical expertise in Linux, Android, Windows Embedded, and QNX operating systems, as well as leading edge silicon and modem solutions from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., Broadcom, Texas Instruments, Freescale, Intel, Samsung, Marvell and more.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work on the most advanced technology and exciting products; with everyday bringing something new and challenging to work on, this is the place to be.
Job Status: Open
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job ID: CA_15
Intrinsyc is seeking a highly qualified and motivated executive to build and lead Intrinsyc’s growing product development and manufacturing initiatives. This position will be responsible for expanding Intrinsyc’s embedded and wireless product portfolio and timely delivery of products to our OEM customers. The position requires experience managing product development teams and manufacturing operations related to computing system on modules (SOM) or single board computers (SBC). Experience with software and/or hardware products for the M2M/Internet of Things market is also desirable.
Successes requires working with Intrinsyc’s sales and marketing team, customers, and technology partners to gather insights and market requirements and translate them into cutting edge, high quality products for our OEM customers.
This position works with local product development teams and Intrinsyc’s manufacturing partners based in North America and Asia to design, develop and manufacture next generation embedded computing modules.
- Lead dedicated and ad hoc design and development teams to create innovative and breakthrough solutions which meet specified performance and cost criteria within development budget and timetable.
- Coordinate with engineering services organization to leverage resources and customer projects to improve existing products and expand product portfolio.
- Select, manage and maintain relationships with high quality manufacturing partners.
- Manage manufacturing logistics to ensure the timely acquisition of high quality components, ensuring our customer’s delivery schedules are met.
- Work with sales team to win new customers for the company’s products.
- Fuel a passion within the team for designing and building innovative computing products.
- Create, in collaboration with sales and marketing, Intrinsyc’s technology and product road map and assist in the creation of company strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree +15 years of experience
- Must have experience with Linux/Android and Intel or ARM based product design
- Solid experience in directing a creative product development team, combining process management with the nurturing of a creative environment that encourages new ideas and innovation
- Highly entrepreneurial self-starter and manager/coach. Very hands-on in defining objectives and producing deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience managing the full product development lifecycle, including product briefing, patent assessment, product line development, costing, prototyping, specification development, design for manufacturing and overseas manufacturing
- Ability to travel, including to China on a regular basis
- Strong blend of analytical, decision-making and creative problem solving skills
- Technical expertise necessary to oversee and direct electronic and hardware design, documentation development, reliability testing and analysis, and patent process
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Small business/startup experience
- EE background
- Experience with high volume manufacturing
- Spoken Mandarin ability