BUILD YOUR FUTURE AT INTRINSYC, WHILE WORKING ON THE FUTURE OF TECHNOLOGY, TODAY.
Embedded Software Engineers – Android and Linux Kernel (Multiple Positons)
Job ID: CA_1
Location: 885 Dunsmuir St., Suite 380, Vancouver, BC, V6C 1N5, Canada
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Positions Available: 5
Salary: $70,000.00 - $110,000.00/Annually
Benefits: Intrinsyc offers a comprehensive extended benefits package including extended medical, extended dental, RRSP matching, life insurance, stock options, etc.
Intrinsyc is a product development company that provides hardware, software, and service solutions that enable next-generation embedded and wireless products. Solutions span the development life cycle from concept to production and help device makers and technology suppliers create compelling differentiated products with faster time-to-market.
We deliver superior results for clients with standards of high integrity. Our values and performance have enabled us to partner with the world’s leading OEMs to create award winning products including: smartphones, industrial handhelds, portable gaming devices, e-readers, media tablets, automobile infotainment, and medical electronics.
Intrinsyc is the leading provider of embedded solutions for Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.'s Snapdragon technology and developer of the DragonBoard Development Kit and Open-Q System on Module. These solutions are being built and customized for exciting new products such as robotics, augmented reality glasses, ultra high definition 3D televisions, and many more breakthrough products.
Intrinsyc has strong technical expertise in Linux, Android, Windows Embedded, and QNX operating systems, as well as leading edge silicon and modem solutions from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., Broadcom, Texas Instruments, Freescale, Intel, Samsung, Marvell and more.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work on the most advanced technology and exciting products; with everyday bringing something new and challenging to work on, this is the place to be.
Intrinsyc is currently seeking Embedded Software Engineers with experience in developing and troubleshooting Android and Linux devices. This embedded software engineer position is based in Vancouver, with some travel to the US.
Embedded Software Engineer candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed with a new team quickly. Good analytical, problem solving, and communication skills are essential as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Prior knowledge of camera driver development and knowledge of DSP technology is useful.
We will consider both salaried and contract based candidates.
Salary range from $70k to $110k plus benefits based upon experience
- Takes on technical leadership role within projects, develops system specifications and provides technical guidance to the team to ensure schedules and objectives are met.
- Assisting the development of Android and Linux based devices.
- Quickly ramping up and becoming a key contributor within a team of experienced Embedded engineers.
- Ability to fix issues on a wide range of drivers from display to USB to Bluetooth to WiFI.
- Stays abreast of technical area and provides knowledge transfer to fellow team members.
- Minimum 2 years Embedded software development experience in Linux. Android experience desirable.
- Minimum 3 years of C/C++ experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, electrical/software engineering or equivalent. Advanced technical degree desirable.
- Requires strong leadership and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience in the integration of wide range of drivers. Multimedia and telephony experience desirable.
- Good working knowledge of embedded or mobile devices.
- Requires a solid understanding of the software development and project management life cycle.
- Language: Strong Written and Spoken English required.